Paige Cunningham, JD, PhD
- In June, taught the Intensive Bioethics Summer Institute.
- In July, discussed ethical issues surrounding the Charlie Gard case on “Chris Fabry Live” (Moody Radio).
- In August, discussed ethical issues regarding the successful editing of the genes of an embryo through CRISPR to eliminate a heart condition on "Let's Talk with Mark Elfstrand" and in a World Radio interview.
Michael Sleasman, PhD
- In June, taught the Advanced Bioethics Summer Institute, and guest-lectured in several other bioethics courses leading up to CBHD’s summer conference.
- Presented “Analyzing Attitudes and Use of Cognitive Enhancement among Christian College Students: A Preliminary Study” as a parallel paper presentation at CBHD’s summer conference.
Michael Cox, PhD (Cand.)
- Presented “From Life-Ethic to Bioethics: A Paradigmatic Approach to Deuteronomy” as a parallel paper presentation at CBHD’s summer conference.
Heather Zeiger, MA
- Presented “Media Coverage of the Zika Virus: The Ethics of Reporting on Diseases” as a parallel paper presentation at CBHD’s summer conference.
- In August published “Silicon Valley’s Creepy Obsession with Longevity” on MercatorNet.
- In August, published an update on haploid stem cells on Bioethics.com.
- Presented “The Ante-Nicene Fathers on Abortion: Contrasts to the Prevailing Greek, Roman, and Jewish Cultures” as a parallel paper presentation at CBHD’s summer conference.
Lindsay Callaway, MA
- Presented “Are Reproductive Technologies Good for Women? Insights from Feminist Theological Anthropology” as a parallel paper presentation at CBHD’s summer conference.
CBHD Research Library
Susan Haack, MD, MDiv, recently donated over 300 books to the CBHD Research Library. We are grateful for Susan’s generosity and her long-time friendship with the Center.
Resource Kits for International Libraries
Did you know that CBHD has provided library kits of Christian bioethics books and resources to university and seminary libraries and medical institutions around the world free of charge as part of our International Bioethics Scholars Program? Representing nearly the nearly 25 years of Christian bioethical reflection, resources include books and booklets produced by the Center, as well as several by our friends and close affiliates. With nearly two dozen kits sent to recipients on five continents over the past few years, the Center continues to seek ways to expand this initiative. To recommend an institution or request a kit for your institution, please contact Michael Sleasman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coming Soon: Contemporary Issues in Reproductive Technology