· Co-delivered a presentation with Mike at the North Central Regional Evangelical Missiological Society Meeting on “Medical Exploitation.” She spoke specifically on reproductive tourism and egg harvesting.
· Taught a bioethics course for medical students in conjunction with Drs. Sam and Elizabeth Hensley in Jackson, MS. Paige discussed embryo adoption and cognitive enhancement.
· Partnered with Michael Cooper’s session on Social Injustice at the February 26th regional meeting of the Evangelical Missiological Society. Paige and Mike taught a class on medical exploitation.
· Spoke on “Bioethics at the Beginning of Life: Reproductive Technologies and Choice” at Willow Creek North Shore in March.
· In conjunction with Jared Wilhelm, Paige traveled to Houston to present a lecture on “A Christian Perspective in Bioethics: Dignity and Early Human Life” at the American Chinese Fellowship.
· Co-delivered a presentation with Paige at the North Central Regional Evangelical Missiological Society Meeting on “Medical Exploitation.” He spoke specifically about research ethics and organ trafficking.
· Interviewed by WERC 105.5 Birmingham, AL on Presidential Commission on Bioethics and Human Subjects Research: Guatemala and Other US Violations of Human Rights.
· Submitted a co-authored chapter with Paige on “Exploitation in the Global Medical Enterprise” for the forthcoming volume Social Injustice: What Evangelicals Need to Know about the World (Sacred Tribes Press).
· Spoke on “Genetics, Sin, and Addiction” at Willow Creek North Shore in March.
In April the Center hosted the inaugural gathering of our Academy of Fellows for a one-day confidential consultation. The gathering focused on strategic brainstorming, reflection, and discussion of future collaborative activities.
In March CBHD hosted a special lecture, “Baby-Making the Fractured Fulfillment of Huxley’s Brave New World,” delivered by Paige with a response by Trinity College professor Kristin Lindholm, PhD followed by an open Q&A session. Faculty, students, staff, and community guests attended the evening event, which was also live-streamed through our website. The text of the address is the feature piece in this issue of Dignitas.